Hydroponics. This is a new form of gardening which everyone seems to now be turning to, however, there are plenty of things which many people don’t know about it. So that is why we have decided to write a blog, giving the answers of some of the most common asked hydroponics questions.
Top Questions Asked:
What is hydroponics?
This is a form of gardening which grows plant in either sand, gravel or liquid with the use of added nutrients as well. Note that hydroponics does not use soil.
Are there different hydroponic systems?
Yes, there are different hydroponic systems, six ways to be exact. Different systems listed below:
- Wickling systems – this is a system which doesn’t need air or water pumps, this system is often used for smaller plants and beginners normally start off with this system. One of the benefits of using this is that if you set up correctly you don’t have to fiddling around with it all the time and can leave it to work its magic.
- Deep water culture – this is named one of the easiest hydroponic system to use and it’s also not expensive to use and can be easily set up at low which require little maintenance.
- Nutrient film technique – this system has a recirculating system which means that less waste is created, not only this but this type of system is supposed to be one of the most popular in the commercial world.
- Ebb and flow system – this type of system does not expose roots, one of the benefits of this type of system is that you can ensure it meets your specific needs.
- Aeroponic system – even though this is seen as high-tech it is actually not that hard to build, one reason why people choose this system is because the roots in these systems are often exposed to more oxygen.
- Drip system – the benefits of this system is that it Is rather cheap and is reliable not to mention you have a high level of control which is over feeding and watering.
What are the benefits of hydroponics?
- One of the benefits of using hydroponics is that you can grow plants faster and they often require less space, therefore can grow more in the same space you would grow when using soil.
- You’re able to grow all year-round, meaning you can grow all your favourite fruit and vegetables any time of the year. You won’t need to worry about the changing season.
- Many people choose hydroponics as they’re able to grow indoors.
- Don’t have to think about weeding.
- You can grow a different way, change up your gardening.
- It’s actually not that expensive to run, not to mention you save money on your water bills.
What are the most popular things which people grow hydroponically?
- Peppers (chillies especially)
What do beginners have to know before buying?
When it comes to beginners it is important that they purchase from the right company and that all the equipment is of a high quality, one of the leading hydroponic companies is: www.tropicannahorticulture.com/grow-tents-tent-pack. Not only this but we always advise people to make sure they have a place which is out of the way, that they can dedicate to growing, this place need to be rather large to fit all the equipment in, and also need a source of power.
We hope that these answers to the most popular asked question helps you understand why hydroponics is now the new way of growing.